Your local guide to 4th of July in Austin
We take the Fourth of July seriously here in Austin. Each year there are tons of parties, festivals, parades, barbecues, and of course, firework displays.
No matter how you celebrate our nation’s independence, there’s an event we’re sure you’ll love. Check out our convenient list of 4th of July Celebrations below.
And send us your pics! We love to see how everyone celebrates Independence Day across the city.
Cap off your evening with a firework display in Austin or one of the outlying cities.
Here are some of the more popular local firework destinations:
- H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks at Vic Mathias Shores starting at 8:00 pm. If you don't want to fight the crowds, Curbed Austin has a list of some alternate watching locations.
- Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic at COTA starting at 11:00 am. It's a star-studded group, including Asleep at the Wheel and Edie Brickell.
- Hill Country Galleria Independence Day Celebration at Hill Country Galleria starting at 6:00 pm. With games, splash pad, shopping, food, and fireworks, there's a little something for everyone.
When our kids were little we were nervous about braving the crowds on Auditorium Shores for fear that the kids would dart off in the dark. So, we got creative.
We once rented a river-facing room at the W Hotel and watched the fireworks from the air conditioned comfort of our room. It was almost as if the fireworks were exploding in your face. Intense, but also beautiful.
There were also a few years where we took in a baseball game at the Dell Diamond and enjoyed the fireworks display at the end. And the kids can get on the field and run the bases after the game is over, so that's a unique experience. And Paul made it onto the jumbo-tron with Linden. Insta-famous -- for a second! Unfortunately, the Express isn't playing a home game this 4th of July.
And the last several years we've ventured out to the Hyatt Lost Pines where you can collapse on the grass to watch the fireworks after coming straight from the lazy river. This one is probably my fave.
Grab the family and maybe decorate a bike or two as you head out to to watch one of these local neighborhood parades. We love the lawn chair brigade in the Northwest Hills parade, but there's something fun to be had at each of these local celebrations.
- Allandale 4th of July Parade starting at White Rock & Bullard at 9:00 am
- Barton Hills July 4th Parade at Barton Hills Market at 9:00 am
- Bryker Woods July 4th Parade at Bryker Woods Elementary at 9:00 am
- Mueller July 4th Parade at Ella Wooten Park at 9:00 am
- Northwest Hills July 4th Parade starting Waterline & Far West at 9:00 am
- North Shoal Creek 4th of July Parade at Pillow Elementary at 9:20 am
- Rosedale 4th of July Promenade at Ramsey Park at 9:30 am
- West Lake July 4th Parade at Independent Bank starting at 8:30 am
- Wooten 4th of July Parade starting at the park at Dale Drive at 8:45 am
- Lakeway July 4th Celebration at the Lakeway Activity Center starting at 8:30 am
- City of Cedar Park 4th of July at the H-E-B Cedar Park Center starting at10:00 am
- Round Rock Frontier Days Celebration & Sertoma July 4th Parade at the Old Settlers Park starting at 8:00 am
If you see us out and about make sure to say hello! Let freedom ring.