As you may have noticed from our social media posts, we recently decided to partner with Compass, a national real estate brokerage. I am really pumped about being one of the founding teams of Compass Austin.
Why did we decide to hitch our wagons to Compass after 15 years of being our own independent brokerage?
I started in real estate when I was 24 years old, and between 1994 – 2003 I worked at eleven different brokerage firms. All of them were about cranking out a large volume of deals. It felt gross to me. So in 2003 I opened my own brokerage. The idea was to build a company where everyone was treated right. No BS, just folks giving the best advice they can in a wholesome kind way with zero pretense. It was a great ride, and I’m proud of what we accomplished.
Over the years we’d been approached to partner with other brokerages, but based on my early experience it never felt right. Until Compass.
Compass felt different to us.
Their mission aligns with what we strive for – to do a better job serving our clients, to create beautiful experiences rather than stress-crazed transactions.
From kick-butt technology, in-house graphic designers, amazing support staff, and game-changing technology, Compass has built an inspiring support system that allows us to better focus on our clients and the client experience. They are elevating the idea of service. And we are excited to be part of the evolution of real estate.
Friends don’t let friends do real estate without introducing them to what’s possible.
So here are some of the ways the experience will be different for you.
- We can help you pay for the upfront expenses of preparing your home for sale. If your home needs staging, paint, landscaping or pretty much any cosmetic work, our Compass Concierge program will pay for it upfront – no spending limit – and you pay it back at closing. I love the idea of helping your home look its best to maximize your sales price, and it’s even better that you don’t have to pay for it out of pocket.
- Go ahead - make your move! In the first quarter of 2019, we are launching a bridge loan program that will help you make the leap from one home to the next. This should be a real benefit and eliminate the need for contingent offers.
- Collections of similar homes. We now have an easier way to manage your home search called Collections. Homes matching your search criteria and our communication about those homes is consolidated into one platform so we can all share feedback and notes in real time. Marquette says it’s like the Pinterest of real estate. I just think it’s sleek and easy to use.
- Advanced insights into your listing. With our insights tool, we have greater clarity on how one of our listings is being received on the Internet. It’s like Google Analytics paired with a boost of artificial intelligence.
- Coming soon listings. We had great success in selling homes before they hit the MLS, but now with Compass we are taking it to the next level. Compass is compiling exclusive coming soon listings which generates a greater buzz and drives more eyeballs to your home. We’re excited about how it will increase the exposure we have already been delivering to our sellers.
- Who we hang out with makes a difference to you. We are now fully networked with an elite group of agents across the country who are committed, likable and will collaborate without ego. We all share our listings amongst ourselves ensuring that your house gets exposure to potential buyers in other markets across the US. Plus, if you need to move out of Austin I can connect you with an awesome agent that’s capable of delivering superior service.
With Compass helping to power our listings, my 25 years of experience, and Marquette running the marketing team at the highest level, we are excited about what 2019 will bring. If we can be helpful to you or if you know someone that might benefit from our tools, let me know.