One of my favorite Houzz contributors, Mitchell Parker, recently posted an article on Houzz identifying the 28 home design trends he predicts we will see more of in 2017. You can check out the full article here.
Of the 28 trends Parker identified, below are the 10 home design concepts that we think are going to be popular in Austin in 2017.
- Black & steel glass doors in entryways and showers
- Upgraded laundry rooms with storage & natural light
- Graphic floor tiles in kitchens, like cement tile with patterns
- Statement tile walls in kitchens and bathrooms
- Smart home features, including voice-activated assistants
- Hexagon tiles as an alternative to subway tile
- Brushed brass accents in kitchens and baths
- Kitchen islands in a contrasting color
- Kitchen storage walls in place of upper cabinets
- Indoor showers with some connection to the outdoors, like careful window placement or interior courtyards
Look familiar? We’ve already seen some of these being used regularly. For example, Dana Ambs of Making Modern Home successfully used cement tile to bring color and pattern to several of her remodels during 2017, and it seems like black steel doors are showing up on every house remodel in Tarrytown these days. Even so, we think these trends are at the beginning of their life cycle and will only grow in popularity during 2017.
What do you think of these predictions? Are there any trends that should be added? Let us know what you think.
Want more info about home design in Austin? Check out:
Now that we are halfway through 2017, here are the 8 home interior trends we’re consiste...